Car Accident Attorney in Johns Creek, Georgia
Your safety is the number one priority. Unfortunately, there are drivers on the road who are not being as cautious as you as you share the road. If you’ve never been involved in a car accident until recently, we can imagine how traumatic that experience might be, whether it is considered a minor accident or not. But regardless of the severity of the accident, it is imperative that you follow a few steps after your accident, which would include reaching out to a knowledgeable personal injury and car accident law firm such as Leibel Law.
See other car accident lawyer locations:
Our full-service law firm has had several years of experience working with car accident victims in Johns Creek, GA in Fulton County. Located in a northeastern suburb of Atlanta, it was ranked third on the 2017 USA TODAY list of “50 best cities to live in. And with plenty to do outdoors such as trout fishing on Chattahoochee River or biking along the Greenway, it comes to no surprise why it’s a great place for residents. At Leibel Law, we recognize how important it is for our clients to enjoy time with their families after a long day at work and how much an accident can affect you and your family. That is the reason we work diligently to best represent our clients. So, if you have been injured in a car accident in Johns Creek, our seasoned attorney Steven Leibel is who you want working on your case.
What to do After a Car Accident
According to the DMV, drivers are recommended to have the Georgia Driver’s Manual in their vehicle. This is a printable auto accident checklist that includes a detailed list of things you should do if you are involved in a car accident. The manual suggests the following:
- Stop and pull over in a safe place.
- Immediately report the accident to local law enforcement if there is an injury, or if there is property damage greater than $500.
- Provide assistance to those injured, if possible.
- Take photos of the damage, if it is safe to do so.
- Put on your vehicle’s hazard lights to alert approaching motorists.
- Provide your name, address, license plate number, driver’s license number, and insurance information to other parties involved in the accident and attain the same information from them.
If police are not called to the scene of an accident, you’re required to complete a Personal Report of Accident to be filed by you for later use, if needed at a later time. This form is not to be sent to a government agency but should be kept in your records in case you need to use it in court in the future.
Call Car Accident Attorney Steven Leibel: 404-892-0700
About your Car Accident Claim
Following the claim that you file with your car insurance company, that claim will go through a process that ultimately leads to a settlement. How your car insurance company investigates accident claims can vary depending on factors such as the nature and severity of the accident, your insurance company’s policies and whether the accident involved property damage, injuries, or both.
After you file your claim, a claims adjustor will be assigned to your case to review your policy to make sure that you are covered. The adjustor will most likely contact you to find out more details about the accident.
An attorney from Leibel Law will also approach the negligent party’s insurance company in order to recover compensation for your remaining damages and costs. Your claim will be submitted for approval to the insurance company, which typically conduct an investigation of its own. The success of your claim will be reflected on your attorney’s ability to collect, analyze, and present crucial evidence. Providing your attorney with as much information as possible helps make for a solid claim. If your attorney and the insurance company cannot agree on a settlement, a lawsuit will ensue.
In the case that the negligent party is uninsured or insured for an amount of coverage that is not sufficient to cover damages related to your injury, your insurance will be asked to cover the difference between your losses and the amount you received from the other party’s insurance company, if applicable.
Compensatory damages awarded in car accident lawsuits include:
- Medical Expenses which cover emergency room visits, hospitalization, emergency surgery, any assistive devices and future doctor’s appointments.
- Lost Wages at the time of injury to the conclusion of the lawsuit.
- Pain and Suffering faced after the accident which is determined by the jury who will examine the extent of your injuries, including how long you are expected to suffer, the nature of the injury, and what financial and physical burdens the incident places on you and your family.
Have you or someone you know been involved and injured in an automobile accident in Johns Creek, Georgia? Contact the attorneys at Leibel Law at (404) 892-0700 or for more information visit Leibel Law.com
Auto Accident Attorneys at Leibel Law Offices
About Leibel Law
Cumming-based Leibel Law has a stellar team of car accident lawyers who are ready to advise you on what you’ll need to do after an accident. As longtime legal professionals, familiar with the ever-changing traffic laws, we are well-equipped to handle your accident case. All you have to do is contact our office so we can schedule a free consultation to go over your claim and find out how we may help you attain just compensation. We pride ourselves in winning your case and being available throughout the entire process, day and night. Be sure to call us today!
Live about an hour away from our practice? No need to worry as we’ve handled a number of automobile accident cases for residents in zip codes such as 30005, 30022, 30023, 30024, 30097 and 30089. We have a stellar team ready and willing to go the extra mile to help you receive the right compensation and or verdict you deserve.
Nearby Hotels at or around Johns Creek, GA
- Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Northpoint
- Hyatt Place Atlanta/Duluth/Johns Creek
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alpharetta – Windward Parkway
Nearby Restaurants at or around Johns Creek, GA
Nearby Attractions at or around Johns Creek, GA
- Call Car Accident Attorney Steven Leibel: 404-892-0700
- Auto Accident Attorneys at Leibel Law Offices