Car Accident Attorney in Forsyth County, Georgia
Being involved in an auto accident, even a minor car accident with no damage, can be absolutely nerve-wrecking. It’s not unusual for an accident victim to be so affected that he or she is in a temporary state of shock. After composing oneself, it’s important to follow the necessary procedures after your accident, including contacting a reputable personal injury and car accident law firm.
See other car accident lawyer locations:
Leibel Law, a full-service law firm with extensive experience dealing with car accidents in Forsyth county, understands all too well how stressful life can be for its clients after an accident. That is why we do all we can to provide our clients excellent detail-oriented legal representation. If you have been injured in a car accident in Forsyth county, Georgia in zip codes 30028, 30040, and 30041 just to name a few, auto accident attorney Steven Leibel is here to help you with your case.
What to do After a Car Accident
According to the DMV, drivers are recommended to have the Georgia Driver’s Manual in their vehicle. This is a printable auto accident checklist that includes a detailed list of things you should do if you are involved in a car accident. The manual suggests the following:
- Stop and pull over in a safe place.
- Immediately report the accident to local law enforcement if there is an injury, or if there is property damage greater than $500.
- Provide assistance to those injured, if possible.
- Take photos of the damage, if it is safe to do so.
- Put on your vehicle’s hazard lights to alert approaching motorists.
- Provide your name, address, license plate number, driver’s license number, and insurance information to other parties involved in the accident and attain the same information from them.
If police are not called to the scene of an accident, you’re required to complete a Personal Report of Accident to be filed by you for later use, if needed at a later time. This form is not to be sent to a government agency but should be kept in your records in case you need to use it in court in the future.
Call Car Accident Attorney Steven Leibel: 404-892-0700
About your Car Accident Claim
Following the claim that you file with your car insurance company, that claim will go through a process that ultimately leads to a settlement. How your car insurance company investigates accident claims can vary depending on factors such as the nature and severity of the accident, your insurance company’s policies and whether the accident involved property damage, injuries, or both.
After you file your claim, a claims adjustor will be assigned to your case to review your policy to make sure that you are covered. The adjustor will most likely contact you to find out more details about the accident.
An attorney from Leibel Law will also approach the negligent party’s insurance company in order to recover compensation for your remaining damages and costs. Your claim will be submitted for approval to the insurance company, which typically conduct an investigation of its own. The success of your claim will be reflected on your attorney’s ability to collect, analyze, and present crucial evidence. Providing your attorney with as much information as possible helps make for a solid claim. If your attorney and the insurance company cannot agree on a settlement, a lawsuit will ensue.
In the case that the negligent party is uninsured or insured for an amount of coverage that is not sufficient to cover damages related to your injury, your insurance will be asked to cover the difference between your losses and the amount you received from the other party’s insurance company, if applicable.
Compensatory damages awarded in car accident lawsuits include:
- Medical Expenses which cover emergency room visits, hospitalization, emergency surgery, any assistive devices and future doctor’s appointments.
- Lost Wages at the time of injury to the conclusion of the lawsuit.
- Pain and Suffering faced after the accident which is determined by the jury who will examine the extent of your injuries, including how long you are expected to suffer, the nature of the injury, and what financial and physical burdens the incident places on you and your family.
Directions nearby to Leibel Law Offices from Forsyth County Clerk of Courts:
- Head south on GA-9 S toward GA-20 E
- Turn left at the 1st cross street onto GA-20 E/GA-9 S
- Continue straight onto W Maple St
- Continue onto Bald Ridge Rd
- Turn left to merge onto US-19 N for 8.4 miles
- We are located at 6150 Georgia 400 c, Cumming, GA 30028 in the new plaza on the left
Auto Accident Attorneys at Leibel Law Offices
Our auto accident attorneys, particularly Steven Leibel, are seasoned professionals who have handled thousands of automobile accident cases. If you’ve been injured in a car accident and are unsure of what your next step is, our firm will schedule a free consultation with you to review your claim and determine how our vehical accident lawyers may be able to help. We can help ensure you receive full benefits from the insurance companies and determine the best way to present your demands for damages from the at fault driver. We have the experience to guide you through the legal minefields so you can maximize the compensation you can receive. Depending upon the circumstances we will go to court with you to assure that you treated fairly by the other side.
When ready, Leibel Law will approach the negligent party’s insurance company in an attempt to recover compensation to cover your remaining damages and recoverable costs. Your claim will be submitted for approval to the insurance company, which oftentimes conduct an investigation of its own. The success of your claim will lie on the ability of your attorneys and staff to collect, analyze, and present evidence. Providing your attorney with as much information as possible can help strengthen your claim. If your attorney and the insurance company cannot agree on a settlement, the case may proceed to a lawsuit.
If the other driver has no insurance or an amount of coverage that is insufficient to cover damages related to your injury, your uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage may be triggered to cover the damage caused by the at fault party. If the negligent party was underinsured, your insurance will be asked to cover the difference between your losses and the amount you received from the other party’s insurance company.
Economic auto accident damages, also known as compensatory damages, attempt to compensate the injured car crash victim for his or her monetary losses. Common economic damages awarded in car accident lawsuits include:
- Medical Expenses: This could include expenses for emergency room visits, hospitalization, emergency surgery, any assistive devices and future appointments with a medical professional.
- Future Medical Expenses: If the car accident victim can prove that they will need continued medical care as a result of the crash, they may be able to recover the cost of future medical expenses.
- Lost Wages:Vehical accident victims who have been injured can seek compensation for lost wages from the time of injury to the conclusion of the lawsuit. Even if the victim was unemployed, he or she could receive compensation for lost wages if the attorney can prove that the accident limited his or her earning potential.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes compensation for the pain and suffering you faced after the accident. In awarding damages for pain and suffering, the jury will examine the extent of your injuries, including how long you are expected to suffer, the nature of the injury, and what financial and physical burdens the incident places on you and your family.
About Leibel Law
Based in Forsyth county, our experienced car accident lawyers are eager to counsel you on the steps to take after an accident. As seasoned legal professionals who have handled countless auto accident cases, we recommend that you contact our firm to schedule a free consultation to review your claim and determine how we may assist you in receiving full benefits from the insurance companies. We are confident in our ability to get you the compensation you deserve and will be here every step of the way. Just be sure to call us soon.
Leibel Law – Steven Leibel, PC
Phone: (404) 892-0700
Monday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Nearby Hotels at or around Forsyth County
Nearby Restaurants at or around Forsyth County
Nearby Attractions at or around Forsyth County
- Call Car Accident Attorney Steven Leibel: 404-892-0700
- Auto Accident Attorneys at Leibel Law Offices